Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Coeburn Cinema

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member JAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Coeburn Cinema

    I had a conversation with my boss and we were brainstorming as to what the reason was that business has been dropping off. I'm going to ask you all what is the main reason that people don't go to Coeburn Cinema? Is it the cleanliness, the people that work there, the condition of the auditoriums, the movie selection or is there something else that we're missing? There have been talks of upgrades to the auditoriums, but everything is stalled for at least a couple of weeks while we're waiting on a few other things to come together. Thanks in advance for any helpful insight into this matter.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_Skeptical's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2002
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    It's people that work their haha just messin with ya JAJ
    ICGRM takin' over

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    I think most people just find it more enjoyable to go to a place like Tinseltown even though it's an hour away. I don't think there's anything that the local theatres can do to combat that, short of adding Outback, Red Lobster, ect. to the shopping center and completely redoing the theatres to have them comparable to a place like Tinseltown.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    I tend to go to Norton or Coeburn if its a movie I'm not that anxious to see, but think might be ok. If it's one with good sound effects or a long movie, I tend to go one of the nicer theaters for more comfort, and being able to enjoy the movie going experience more.

    Face it, when people have home theaters that sound/look better than the movie theater, it's hard to get people to come and pay the prices that they have to for a generally inferior product.

    At least going to one of the higher quality theaters, you can do some shopping, get a good meal and make kind of an event out of it.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    I think that the local cinamas need to be upgraded if they are to stay in bussness. I still catch a movie in Wise or Coeburn from time to time but prefer to hit tinseltown or heck even the one in Grundy while small is more up to date seating and sound wise

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2006
    Posts
    197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    Even when I lived in Wise, I rarely went to the Coeburn theater. And believe me I go to the movies way too much. The Cinemall in Abingdon and Tinseltown in Bristol are just better overall. It was worth it to drive 45 min to an hour to get to a nicer, cleaner theater. These theaters show more movies and have more showtimes. Wise County is going to have to upgrade if it wants to get more of the movie business.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    what happened to shutting down Coeburn and Wise and building a nice new theatre in a central location like the old Wal-Mart building or building from the ground up?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    Coeburn's cinema is just getting to old and run down. It needs a better sound system and better seating. But like someone else said the biggest problem can't be fixed by the people who operate the cinema. People want to go out to eat somewhere besides a regualr fast food place like Hardee's, BK, or Long John's and then go to the movies.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    Speaking of bad seating, in the Coeburn cinema, the theatre farthest left (to the left of the concessions/counter) has like 4-5 ROWS of seats that will actually fall back with you in them as soon as you sit down.. I'm talking broken BIG TIME.

    I've watched several movies in that same theatre and they haven't fixed the problem for years now.. and I've seen several people fall for the trap! It's ridiculous when you have to SEARCH for seats that aren't broken anymore.. You'd think they'd keep a better eye on the place, but eh w/e.

    Does anyone else know what seats I'm talking about??
    Officially retired

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2004
    Posts
    325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    The condition of the theatre, in my opinion, is the main problem. I wouldn't pay $6 for a ticket to watch a movie in Coeburn or Wise these days. The movies that are shown at those two theatres are fine, but there really needs to be more show times. Those two places haven't been upgraded in years and the wear and tear over the years hasn't been taken care of properly. If you want to get movie goers back then it's time to invest and build a new complex or both will continue to lose business.
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •